Monday, November 22, 2010

Hide my MAC address?

Is it possible to hide/change(virtually) the MAC address of my NIC?

If possible, then how?Hide my MAC address?
My Broadcom NetXtreme under Windows XP has an advanced setting in the properties called ';Locally Administered Address'; where you can change the MAC.Hide my MAC address?
You can change the MAC address on many routers so I assume its possible on some NICs though I havne't seen this. Usually you spoof the router and connect the NIC to the router. Anyways, MAC address is only used internally, point to point. Your IP is what identifies you.
Buy a router. Effectly to the outside world your MAC address is hidden. Plus with a router you can add additional computers to your internet connection.
With many ISP's - you are identified by your MAC address NOT the IP number that is assigned by the DHCP server - Your MAC address is what authenticates you in many cases so that a IP address can be given.

If you are having trouble with your router - you can clone your computer MAC address to your router.



Instructions for cloning your MAC can be found here:



http://www.practicallynetworked.com/supp
  • pet friendly rentalss
  • differences between spa and salon
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment