Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change my IP?

There are 3 computers in my house, 2 of them use wireless, and 1 LAN. I am using one of the wireless. I want to know how to change the external IP(IP shown on ipchicken.com/whatsmyip.com) so that I can get onto a site(Proxies an hotspot shield do not work). Everything I tried doesnt seem to work.



I have access to the router menu(when you do 192.168.xxx.xxx and then type in username/PW) but I dont have access to the LAN computer(My mom is a retard and thinks ill mess up her computer even though i know 100X more then she does, and my computer runs flawlessly while hers, having more memory and harddrive space runs like **** cause she doesn't know how to take care of them)



Anyway, Ive tried everything I can think of... And I'm very computer literate.



Also, is there a way to change my MAC address?



-Thanks =DHow do I change my IP?
Most ISP's offer a Dynamic IP Address, meaning that the IP Address changes over time. If it does not change very often, I would recommend calling your ISP, to let them know that you want your IP Address changed. Also, a MAC Address is burned into the network card. Windows allows you to change your MAC Address for some network cards in the network card properties. For other network cards, you may be able to change your MAC Address from the Registry Editor.How do I change my IP?
You can change the IP address which you get it from the router but its difficult to change the external IP.



If u wanna change external IP, contact the service provider or else use proxy server !!
Well, your Public IP address is leased to your modem for a certain amount of time. Sometimes it is only a 3 hour lease, other times its a 3 week lease. So to change your public IP you would have to unplug your modem and stay offline until the lease expires. You can actually view your DHCP lease in your routers configuration page. Don't get it confused with your local DHCP however. And you can not change your MAC address, that is permanent.
Changing the IP can be simple, if you do not have a static IP. If you have a static IP, you may want to look into buying HideMyIp from HideMyIP.com, but there are some methods that i'll mention.

First, go to you're router (do it while mom isnt looking) and find the place where it says ';Static IP'; and it should be a drop-box, or radiobuttons. Select a different radiobutton and change some of the settings, but make sure you dont change the range.



To change the mac:

Changing the mac is extremely dificult. I highly recomend using http://www.alobbs.com/macchanger that program. (Put onto a disc, and boot with it in)

The other way will void you're warenty so i am not allowed to post.
A MAC address is a physical identifier for all network cards. Not two in the world will have the same, so the only way to change it is to get a new network card. Now to change the ip, go into your network connections, right click the network device being used, and select properties. Then find ip address or IPv4, highlight and click properties. From there you can manually alter the IP address from there.
You can't
Let's see if this helps



First of all find your current ip which you can get at http://tejji.com/ip/my-ip-address.aspx

Keep a note of it.



Then execute command : Start --%26gt; Run... --%26gt; cmd --%26gt; ipconfig /renew



Then again check you ip address at http://tejji.com/ip/my-ip-address.aspx

to verify that it has changed or not.
Try with tutorial from http://www.ipaddresslocation.org/change-



If it does not works then you need to call your ISP and ask them for another IP (you need here very good reason) or to try with anonymous proxy server. You can get some of working proxies on

http://www.proxyblind.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment