Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to restore original MAC address on LAN?

I used a MAC spoofing program called Technitium MAC Address Changer v5 to change the MAC address of my LAN. Usually when I do it I look at the check boxes and uncheck the one that says make new MAC persistant, but the last time I changed it I didn't uncheck it. Now the program says my MAC is changed, and of course I never wrote it down, and even when I push the restore original MAC button nothing happens. It stills says it's changed and will not let me change it back. Is there some way I can restore my original factory MAC address?How to restore original MAC address on LAN?
Start

All Programs

Accessories

System Tools

System Restore

Choose a Restore point previous to the time the problem startedHow to restore original MAC address on LAN?
Try deleting your network adapter. My Computer %26gt; Properties. Open the Hardware tab. Click on the Device Manager button. Scroll down the list to find your network adapter. Right click and delete. Re-boot your computer, it should re-install the driver automatically and force the MAC address to it's default.



Sorry I meant Uninstall not delete.



wdw
You can try uninstall the hardware device, and installing it back in. If that fails then I would physically take out the card, and somewhere on that card is the hardware address (mac address). Copy it down, then write a new mac address using that program again.
welll first what is the reason why you want to change you MAC address in the first place.



The only way to re-do it is to reset your ruter or modem or just system restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment