Monday, November 22, 2010

How can I change a loopback IP address? 12.x.x.x.x?

I tried the thing where you go to command prompt and type in ipconfig and all that and I tried changing my mac. I don't know any other ways if someone could PLEASE help me out on this one that would be great.How can I change a loopback IP address? 12.x.x.x.x?
I'm pretty sure you're NEVER supposed to change your loopback address. What is it you are trying to do that you need to change your loopback address for? I don't think that will fix your problem, if not create more. A lot of programs expect to find your loopback address as 127.0.0.1. In my best opinion don't do it.



But if you must, on a Unix-like system, make sure you have root privileges and edit the fine /etc/hosts.



It should look like this:





##

# Host Database

#

# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface

# when the system is booting. Do not change this entry.

##

127.0.0.1 (%26lt;---you want to change this) localhost

255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

::1 localhost



good luck!









That should take care of it for :)

No comments:

Post a Comment