Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can you change the MAC address of a mobile phone?

How can you change the MAC address of a Sony Ericsson P1i. Or any Symbian phone, is there any application?

I need to connect to a wireless router that accepts only one MAC address, i can`t change the router config. I need something for the phone. Can anyone help me?How can you change the MAC address of a mobile phone?
I dont think you can change MAC addresses, since they are usually refered to as ';burned-in'; addresses, meaning they're permanently imprinted to device. Most wireless routers are set to respond to an IP address either wirelessly or by plugging a network cable directly to the router. The default IP addresses for routers and modems are usually 10.0.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx



I think you should find an online manual for your model router; it's strange that a router will be set to accept only one MAC address unless an administrator did this for security purposes. If this is the case, then you will have to get access to the device with that MAC address, you cant change MAC addresses to match that one, from what I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment