Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do i change my IP/mac? linksys address so i can be on the internet?

ok well here's why i need to change my IP address or Mac address idk wich 1 it is



so my dad's a total hard butt and he flips out over every little thing. so if i forget to take the trash out, and take it out maybe the next day he flips out and takes my internet away for like 3 weeks.but my girlfirend is on the internet since she's away on vacation, i rly wanna talk to her so she dosnt feel so distant from me while she's away.



and well atm all i do is swipe my ethernet card every time he lock's me out of the router but the thing is i dont have an unlimeted supply of ethernet cards just laying around so can someone please tell me how to change the IP/MAC? address so i can still use the internet on my lynksys router when my dad goes into the settings and block the IP/mac address from it?



i'd rly appreciate it, thanks in advanceHow do i change my IP/mac? linksys address so i can be on the internet?
So if your Dad is using a MAC filter to block you from the Internet you can find a MAC spoofing program that will get you online.

If your Dad is smart, he would be listing what MAC addresses are allowed and not dropped, so it would be best if you spoofed his computer's MAC address to get online (just make sure that his computer isn't running at the time or you may have some serious IP issues!)



Honestly, won't it be easier to connect at a friend's house or a hotspot somewhere? Most coffee shops will get you online in you buy something.

Better yet, help your Dad out with some project around the house so you don't have to go around his back, it will be a lot easier then what you are trying to do.How do i change my IP/mac? linksys address so i can be on the internet?
You'll need to change the MAC address, there are several programs that will allow you to do this
If you are using Windows you can change the MAC address by editing the

Local Address field in the Advanced properties of the driver of the network card. Please not the some drivers do not support this feature.

if you have Linux you can set the mac address with:

ifconfig eth0 hw ether ........

No comments:

Post a Comment