Monday, November 22, 2010

How can I change my IP ADDRESS?

I have had 4 different IP Addresses that I have kept record of. I want to change them to create a new account on a website that only allows 1 account / ip address.



Specifications:

Linksys Router

Comcast Internet



I have tried changing it, and successfully have 4 times but I can't do it any longer. I was just going to my 192.168.x.x address to connect with router and click on ';clone mac address';, that would do the trick, but now that I click it, the mac address doesn't change anymore and it doesn't change ip address.How can I change my IP ADDRESS?
The 192.168.x.x address doesn't mean anything, that's a local network address not an internet address. The address that site would be using would likely be the one your router gets. And that's assigned to you by your ISP so to change that you might have to get a different ISP, which is a bit much to do just to trick some website into letting you have a second account. (And of course your first account would not be usable.)How can I change my IP ADDRESS?
IP number stays same and u cant change it at all whatsoever.



IP # = Short for Internet Protocol address. An IP address identifies a computer that is connected to the Internet or a network. An IP address usually consists of four groups of numbers separated by periods, such as 192.200.44.69.



Sites usually use ur Ip number for their security, for example if u break a rule in a site they will ban ur acc and they will lock down ur IP # so u dont enter their site anymore.
Every time you reset your modem from Comcast you should get a new IP address.

No comments:

Post a Comment