Monday, November 22, 2010

How in the heck can I change my ip address?

Well, I've been trying for a while now. I have Comcast, they are supposed to have dynamic ip, or so they say. It's just that when you have Comcast, and it attempts to change your ip, nine out of ten times, you will come back with the same ip.



I've tried many methods to get my ip changed. Nothing worked. Hell, I even plugged in my router and changed my mac address with ';mac address changer';. Didn't work either.



I say again, Comcast claims to have dynamic ip. So, how can I get my ip changed for sure? This is very frustrating.How in the heck can I change my ip address?
when your model requests on address it looks to see if there is a lease already associated with your modem. if your lease is still valid it will assign you the same IP address everytime... the length of time of this DHCP lease is determined by your ISP.... AT%26amp;T DSL leases expire every 4 hours. I don't know about comcast...How in the heck can I change my ip address?
Change your ISP.
You can't. They have ot do it and ti will depend on how their server is configured.



You're going to have to put in a firewall if you're having problems with hackers.



http://www.smoothwall.org. It's free and works quite well.
Your ISP determines the amount of time it takes for the IP they assign you to change.



That being said, the IP is determined by the MAC address of the Comcast modem, not the router. If you were that desperate for your IP to change, request a new modem. Of course, they may charge you, but what's a few bucks to change an IP.
The fact that they have dynamic IP addressing doesn't mean you'll get a different address each time you ask to renew your IP address. Chances are, you'll get the same address each time. The only way to get a different IP address from them is by turning your modem off for a day or 2: chances are your IP address will be given to someone else by then.

Another option is to call Comcast and ask them to remove the IP address connected to your connection. Chances are they won't, but they'll ask you: Why are you so gung ho on changing your IP address? It won't make a difference: through your ISP they can trace all and any IP addresses that that ISP has given out to you over the past year or so. It won't make things faster, since your ISP can change your IP address, but you'll still be using their networks.
Haha, u can't. It is just plain impossible, from your computer. What you could do is call Comcast and they would probably be able to do it for you. Otherwise, live with the one you have, obviously there is nothing wrong with it if you are on Yahoo Answers asking this question.
Change it yourself with a proxy server...easiest way to do it so you don't have to worry about your ISP changing it for you. A proxy server will mask your IP and show a fake one generated by the server to anyone who is tracking you. If pinged, ti will shoot back to the server and not your real location.

No comments:

Post a Comment