Saturday, November 20, 2010

IP, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Preferred and Alternate DNS Servers, MAC Address all the same as on my PC..?

...and the internet still doesn't work on my laptop. I used SimpleMac and then(seeing how it doesn't work) MacMakeUp to change the physical address, my ISP's IPs aren't dynamic... I put them in myself for as long as I know. Pls help

the mac changed with both programs and i rebooted the pc but even thow cmd %26gt; ipconfig/all is the same on my pc it still doesn't work note: i need to change my mac address cause it is registered to my isp and it is restricted so i can't use more than one pc or laptop with the same cable and i need to have it the same as the one on the pc, it is not th first time i'be done this (with a different laptop that's true) and it worked fineIP, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Preferred and Alternate DNS Servers, MAC Address all the same as on my PC..?
You cannot have a computer with the same ip on a network. It creates a network conflict and it will not work.



Stop using all this crap. Spoof your mac address and let DHCP take care of the rest.



Static IP's does not mean you must set your IP address. It means that when your ISP gives your pc a lease, it is a very long lease for the IP, thats all.



You could also just buy a router for $30 you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment