Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you change your MAC Address on a Linksys WCG200 Router (192.168.0.xx, NOT 192.168.1.xx)?

All I've seen so far all over the internet was with addresses with 192.168.1.xx. I've seen plenty of videos saying ';go into your config, and click MAC Address Clone.'; My only problem with that is that i don't have that option, and I've been all over the config page. I've seen what my MAC address actually is, but I haven't seen any way to change it. Please help?How do you change your MAC Address on a Linksys WCG200 Router (192.168.0.xx, NOT 192.168.1.xx)?
What you are showing is NOT a mac address. It is an IP address. Mac addresses are unique identifiers for the equipment and should never be touched. Changing it will often cut off your connection, and your ISP then has the right to cease tour service without notice, leaving you liable for any outstanding account payments, and any legal costs resulting from you disrupting service. In any case the numbers you show are internal (private) IP addresses, used by your network to connect the local machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment