Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do i put my old mac address on my new computer?

i just got a new computer and i want my new computer to have my old computer's mac address. the old computer is going in the trash. can anyone tell me how to change my new mac address to my old one? please don't bother replying unless u have real knowledge about what i'm asking.How do i put my old mac address on my new computer?
Well the only simple way to do that is to take the ethernet card from your old computer and plug it to your new computer.

There are programs that can spoof your MAC address but if you have the possibility to change the network card it would be better.How do i put my old mac address on my new computer?
You can't. The MAC address is programmed into the firmware of your NIC permanently. Each and every Network device has a unique MAC address that stays with it forever. So, when you toss your old computer the MAC address will go in the trash with it.
The mac address is hard configured to the network card. It can not be changed. There is no reason to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment