Monday, November 22, 2010

How can I change my IP ADDRESS again?

I am currently using a router [Linksys] and have broadband internet [Comcast].



I have been changing my IP ADDRESS several times during the last week. The way I did it was:



%26gt; 192.168.X.X

%26gt; Log In

%26gt; MAC Address Clone

%26gt; Clone your PC's MAC



Now that I try and hit that last button ';Clone your PC's MAC'; the MAC which is illustrated on the top doesn't change. If I try to change the MAC manually then my internet get's disconnected.



How do I change my IP ADDRESS now?





If you have any questions about my situation please ask, Thank You !How can I change my IP ADDRESS again?
go into command prompt (run%26gt;cmd) then type ipconfig /release (enter) then ipconfig /renew (enter)How can I change my IP ADDRESS again?
ipconfig/release

then

ipconfig/renew
Unplug the Cable modem from power for like 2 hours. If that doesn't work, call Comcast and ask them to assign you a new IP.
I think you can set a static IP address which is practically an IP address that you make yourself. If you are using a MAC I don't know how to do this.

On a PC, go to control panel, right click on network connections go to properties, then go to tc/ip protocol and click properties, then go to use the following IP address and set it to your liking. I think you can do that if you are using a router but I'm not sure you can if you were using a computer plugged right into a modem.

No comments:

Post a Comment