Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can I change my mac address?

Hi,



I'm trying to change my mac address on vista and the software SMAC isn't working (as in it won't change it).



Can you suggest a good working program or method that can spoof my mac address?



The reason is i'm being filtered out for stupid reasons and I need access to the intrawebs :%26lt;



Thanks very much!How can I change my mac address?
If I were the boss, you would have been fired %26amp; long gone by now.How can I change my mac address?
The MAC ID of the communications adapter you have installed in your machine is hard coded into the device.

Easy answer, get another adapter
You obviously did something to be filtered. You could always get a USB NIC. Chances are that if you get caught, they will be a price to pay. If you are at work, you can be fired. If you are at school, they can expel you.
Have you gone into the Control Panel%26gt;Network Connections%26gt;Local Area Connection%26gt;Right click for Properties%26gt;Configure%26gt;Advanced and there should be a section called network address or locally administered address. Click on that and enter a value, preferably one that closely matches, leave the first 6 digits the same as your current address.



I have done it in Linux easily with programs, not familiar with them in Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment