Monday, November 22, 2010

How do i know which mac address will work with my modem?

When i change the mac address, some work and some do not. i am not sure how to accurately type a mac address to ensure i get connectivity to the net. is there any protocol i should follow? how can i find out which mac addresses work for my modem?How do i know which mac address will work with my modem?
(Maybe you already know this and I'm not answering the right question)



Every computer comes with a MAC address that can't be changed.



I believe MAC address and Physical address are synonymous.

A MAC address is used to uniquely identify a computer.



To find your computer's MAC address, you can open the command prompt:



Windows Start Menu --%26gt; Run



In the ';Run'; window, type in ';cmd';



This will bring up a ';command prompt window';. From here, all you have to do is type in



';ipconfig';



New lines will be displayed. One will say ';Physical address';



The numbers behind that are your MAC addressHow do i know which mac address will work with my modem?
A mac address is sort of like a mailing address. Everyones house has an address and it is unchangeable. A mac address is burnt into the chip and can not be changed with software. I don't understand what mac address you are changing.
  • best myspace
  • rodents
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment