Monday, November 22, 2010

How To Change My IP (Difficult)?

I have a Verizon GT704WGB Modem + Router it gives me a private IP (192.168.1.1-255) I know my real IP but through any means cannot change it. The private IP is static, which I can change but does nothing. A proxy isn't an option. I am skilled with computers but just some things you need help with. I am running XP but I got Vista on a separate computer. Wireless hasn't been working but I doubt that is related. I am using a direct connection with a power cable. Please check back after you post your answer because I'll probably add details. I have tried changing my MAC address but all it has done is killed my download speed.How To Change My IP (Difficult)?
Start Menu, Run, type cmd and hit run/enter, then type this exactly:

ipconfig /release (note the space between fig and /rel) and hit enter

then type:

ipconfig /renew



this is how I used to do it with XP.How To Change My IP (Difficult)?
the address you list is your private network, right? do you have dchp enabled? you can turn it off and manually change the address but then you must match it on you computer...

as for changin your mac address, you can't on your machine, you can only clone your machine in your router/modem.

need more info...

as for the ip your server provide you with, it's true, you cannot change that, only they can or being off line for a very long time so it gets reassigned can accomplish this. a proxy only helps after you reach the web but you ip stays the same, justin case you're not clear on that...



your correct, if your actual connection thru your modem toyour provider is static, ther is nothing you can do about it, except change your service, diswconnect/reconnect like new service.



however, you posted a local address which is what makes your question more difficult because one has nothing to do w/ the other and you can change the local address all you want.



switching your modem wont affect your connection if your service provider has assigned you a static connection/ip.
Wow! I've got 192.168.1.1-255 as well ;%26gt;

As far as I know, only your ISP could change your IP
  • pets
  • more domestic oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment