Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change my sky netgear router to my belkin one? I have extracted the passwords and copied them over?

..but when i run the new router, it will set up a wireless network, but will not connect to the internet.

I know about sky's T+C's and if they provided a half decent router in the first place, I wouldn't be swapping them over.

I think i need to change the MAC address, to convince sky isp that Iam still using their router? any ideas???



oh and just to reiterate, I do not care about sky's T+C's, I purchased a service that could ';enable all my internet ready devices in my home, to connect to the internet wirelesly'; however, it seems the only time i can get a half decent connection speed is by trailing cables everywhere in my house! anyone??How do I change my sky netgear router to my belkin one? I have extracted the passwords and copied them over?
Nothing to do with the MAC address

As long as you have all the Settings, IP address etc from the old one it should work fine

No comments:

Post a Comment