Monday, November 22, 2010

Mac address and ip address in windows vista?

I have a cable modem and am assigned a dynamic ip address. I have an idea about how to change my ip address. The problem is, I have to leave my modem off for a long time and plug it back in to get assigned a different IP. So I'm thinking, if I ';change'; my MAC address, then reset my modem, it will assign a different IP address. Is this feasible, and if so, how would you go about doing it (without buying a new NIC card or MOBO)?Mac address and ip address in windows vista?
You can usually spoof your mac address, if your going into a router then the setting resides under the wan portion of the setup menu. If your doing this from your modem to your computer, check this out!



http://www.tech-faq.com/change-mac-addre



Doing this, you WILL get a new dynamic IP address depending on how your modem is configured. You didn't mention what make, model, and provider you have!Mac address and ip address in windows vista?
sounds like you want a static IP from your modem, right? an easier way of getting a static IP would be to go into your modem's settings and force it to apply a static IP (one that you choose) to your MAC address. depends if the modem will allow you to do this, but most that i've used can. you usually log into the modem using its web interface at something like 192.168.0.1 in your browser. you'll need to know your MAC address, so find the command prompt (run%26gt;cmd) and type ipconfig /all to find it. setting just your NIC to a static IP will mean that other devices on your network will remain under DHCP.

hope that helps (and i haven't misunderstood)
  • music player
  • domain name registration
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment