Monday, November 22, 2010

Why does the second digit of my mac address have to be a '2'?

I am using a Intel wireless 5100 AGM on windows 7. After A LOT of trouble i am able to change my mac address to anything as long as the second digit is a '2'. As in: 02-15-A5-AE-7C-31. So as long as its x2-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx, it will work, if i try to change it to something without the second digit being a 2 it will reset to its original mac address, which surprisingly starts with 00-24- The only way into my network is with my old mac address. So does any one know how to change or bypass this? Maybe I need to change the parameters somewhere. Does anyone know how can can change it into an Address not starting with x2-?Why does the second digit of my mac address have to be a '2'?
If it is truly *your* network then remove the MAC address filter.



Seems to me that you wouldn't have to spoof your own MAC address.



(use an ethernet cable to connect directly to the router and change the settings, ethernet cables are cheap and the router will have come with one)

No comments:

Post a Comment