Saturday, November 20, 2010

Self changing mac-address on the status of my adsl modem?

First of all hello everybody,



What I would like to ask is related to some strange event that occurred to me some time ago. I was synchronized with my adsl modem and noticed that my synchronization was continuously changing without rebooting the modem(I mean there was no DSL light flashing). I was on phone with my ISP and even though they weren't changing my profile my synchronization would go from 512/128 Kbps to 4096/768 Kbps to 2048/512 Kbps and at the same time my physical ethernet address (mac-address) would change. What I would like to know is how on earth is this possible? What might have caused it?

Looking forward to some solution...

Thanks in advance.Self changing mac-address on the status of my adsl modem?
Your MAC address cannot change as it is hardcoded to the hardware. Think the person you spoke to did not have a clue what they were talking about!Self changing mac-address on the status of my adsl modem?
your mac address cant change at all. you can spoof your mac address but that is totally illegal and is a form of hacking. to do with the speed your firewall may be blocking some applications on the internet. you may consider port forwarding or something like that. also your speed does tend to change depending on what your doing on the internet. so if your downloading a file your speed at which you browse the internet would be slower if effected . in some cases its not effected at all
  • career in management
  • Asp.net server error
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment