Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How can i change my mac address of my pc?

i want to change my mac address of my pcHow can i change my mac address of my pc?
Your MAC address is your computers PHYSICAL address. Changing or removing it can remove all warranty on your machine! Now, if your running windows, you can use tools to ';spoof'; your MAC address.



http://devices.natetrue.com/macshift/



Warning: Changing your MAC address can cause problems down the road. I heavily suggest against it.How can i change my mac address of my pc?
Ignore the respondent that says it would void your warranty! That's utter nonsense! Virtually all NIC drivers allow you to set a locally administered MAC address. In fact, I've worked at 2 major corporations that managed MAC addresses internally on virtually every single piece of equipment on their networks. One of those companies is IBM, by the way.



Select the NIC in Device Manager and right click on it and select Properties. Click the Advanced tab. Locate the setting for Locally Administered Address. The Not Present radio button will be selected. Click the Value radio button and enter the MAC address of your choice.



The only potential issue is accidentally duplicating a MAC address somewhere on your local subnet. All factory set MAC addresses begin with 00 so if you use locally administered MAC addresses that begin with any other hex combination it will work fine forever more.
  • best way to clean my duvet cover
  • short hair cut
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment