Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Can I access router IP address to change settings without Internet?

Hi there--

So I'm a totally new user with, most likely, a simple question. There's a lot of great advice in this forum and I really thank anyone who checks this out.



So, I use a MAC OS 10.2 and have a Belkin 54g wireless card for Internet access. While trying to figure out how to access a WPA2 network (which I was seemingly unable to do), I changed the Security settings on my IP address site (192.168.2.1) and am now unable to connect to anything. I believe they were changed from the default to WPA-PSK. Now, because Mac doesn't support using the Belkin card, and Belkin does not have a utility or support for the Mac, I cannot figure how to change this because I cannot access that IP address without an Internet connection. Is there a way to do this either from my computer without a wireless network or from a remote computer?



Thanks-- I hope that was clear. I appreciate the help.



-TimCan I access router IP address to change settings without Internet?
It would be possible to access the ip address without the internet except youve changed the encryption method to communicate with the router, if you have a network cable you can connect the compter directly to the router and it will work. otherwise you will need to press the reset button on your router and reconfigure it as you did when you first set it up.Can I access router IP address to change settings without Internet?
Ok, what happened is you changed the security so now you can't connect to the router because the security doesn't match your computer.



Plug in a computer to the router wired. This bypasses the wireless security problems. Then you can set it up like you were trying to before. When you finish, connect to the wireless using whatever passkey you set on the router.
  • how to gridview
  • lock file
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment