Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I get around a WiFi network ban/block?

Let's face it, times around a little tough and I've resorted to leeching WiFi from the restaurant underneath my apartment. They're closed after 7pm so I feel it's (somewhat) ok do be doing it...



Anyway, I seem to be banned or blocked from the connection. Is there anyway for me to get around this? I've tried changing my MAC address but it didn't seem to work. Any ideas or website suggestions that could help me find what I'm looking for?



Thanks in advance for you help :)How do I get around a WiFi network ban/block?
You probably can not get around a ';block list'; as you are not in control of the list / IP / MAC / filter.



Go ask someone (manager/owner) in the restaurant if you need a password to use the wifi (and if you may use it after hours as you live upstairs)



the other way is to talk to their ';computer'; person and ask if you could be just banned during business hours (add a little as managers show up early and leave late)



otherwise most other ways of gaining access you could be considered stealing internet and that would be very unwise. just search ';stealing wireless internet'; and you will see what happens to some people when caught.How do I get around a WiFi network ban/block?
They must have saw you on the network. No way around it and they could prosecute you for tapping into the net without permission.
its possible theve put an encryption on there, for that you would have to crack it, which is illigal,



they could also be starting to run it through a proxy, then you would have to port scan to see what ports are open for you to go through
Yeah, as tough as times are... I wouldn't try to get around the ban. They are in full right to prosecute you if they catch you bypassing their ban and a little free internet is not worth paying a hefty fine for. You're better off just facing the facts and walking a block or two to the cheapest internet cafe you can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment