Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Linksys changing IP address?

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/122708-how...



this is like one of the tutorials for it.. but my IP doesnt change after!! When I write my Lan thing (physical address right?) and change the last 4 , do i save it after? and desable it or what????



Can someone tell me.. Please go to the link and.. look at it. It's an old version so now, I go run%26gt;cmd%26gt;and type ipconfig /all%26gt;copy my physical address%26gt;and type it in Mac Address Clone%26gt;and change the last four digits%26gt;after what do I do????



Do I save ? disable? enable? or what? and after dont i need to turn off the computer or something? Can I just reset? When I do it, it messes up.. after doing it and going to IPchicken, my IP address remains the same :(...





The IP address I am trying to change is.. i dont know what it is called but I want access to Korean websites/games.. just tell me why mine doesnt work.. and how to fix it please!



oh and is this for a labtop only?Linksys changing IP address?
Your Linksys public IP address is controlled by your ISP, you can not change it. Any interference with this address will lose your connection. It also gives the ISP the right to terminate your service without notice, as it disrupts other people's use of the service.Linksys changing IP address?
In addition to what Colinc said, the link you gave is for changing the MAC address of the router not the IP! The MAC is the hardware issued ';serial number'; if you will and really has nothing to do with the IP. In some cases a new MAC address would get another IP from the ISP but, even if it did, whatever the ISP is blocking will still be blocked!





As Colinc said, YOU CAN'T change YOUR PUBLIC IP. that is all up to your ISP. Change LAN IP's doesn't affect your connection at all, just your LOCAL machine.



So take Colinc's BEST answer and quit wasting your time. You might look into PROXY Servers or some other method of ';hiding'; Just don't end up in jail!

No comments:

Post a Comment