Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Internet Connection Help!!!?

So I have a dell laptop running on VISTA. My brother whose really tech smart, does not like me, so he's banned me from the network, he even siad so himself. I KNOW he's banned me, because I would give him like 20 dollars and then he'd go into his room where his computer is, and do something, and all of a sudden my internet would work.



So my question is....How is he Doing this? And how can I get through his block?



My brother is ruthless and merciless so he will not come in, in I just pay him...ONCE. Or do anything good to him.



PS: First I thought he was blocking my ip so I tried changing it and there was NO luck. But I found out online about MAC addresses and I thought maybe that was it. So I changed my MAC address and I was able to connect, BUT I had no internet access. Vista said I was connected [5 bars] but no access. There was still the two computers symbol in the tasktray but NO globe on the computers.Internet Connection Help!!!?
sounds like the guy manually configured your tcp/ip conections through remote access. go to your manage connections directory throuh your internet icon and right click on the connection you are using, in the properties tab you can choose to automatically assign your ip, this should help.Internet Connection Help!!!?
He probably has blocked you through the router which you can maybe access at 192.168.1.1 (type in the address bar of browser). But your brother probably changed the login credentials. He can block a range of ip addresses or your MAC address which is specific to your network adapter. So you probably are just out of luck unless you reset the router.
You cannot manually change your mac address, this is how he's filtering you out. Most routers offer IP 192.168.1.1 try that to see if you can get into the router, default password for most is admin with no user name. It wont solve your problem but you could have fun changing the settings where he'd have trouble getting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment