Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Does anyone know how I can find the WAN side cloned Mac address?

Here is my problem.



I am running a linksys befsr41v3 router and a changed a UPnP setting and now it is not letting me log into the router to change it back (I am 110% certain that my username and password are correct). I am about to reset the router and wipe out all of the settings but I need to know what my cloned Mac address is.



I have tried pinging the router from the command prompt then using the arp -a command but this only returns the routers actual mac address not the cloned one. The network was set up on an old computer that is no longer in use.



So I guess what I am asking is does anyone know how I can find the WAN side cloned Mac address?



ThanksDoes anyone know how I can find the WAN side cloned Mac address?
Just do an ipconfig /all. This should show you the clients mac address. I assumed the arp -a resturned the cloned mac address also. isnt it the same?Does anyone know how I can find the WAN side cloned Mac address?
Reset it anyway, you do not need a cloned mac address.It serves no purpose. In the rare case your ISP requires a mac address setting to complete the connection you can just notify them of the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment