Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Changing my IP address?

I have Road Runner broad band internet from time warner cable. I also have a linksys router. I would like to change my ip address but i don't know how. someone told me that i can clone my mac address to change my IP address. I tried to do that function on my router configuration. Then i went to IP chicken and it said that my IP was different. Yet, when i tried to join a game that i was IP banned from it said that i was still banned and could not get on... Can anyone please tell me why is still said this.Changing my IP address?
u cannot change ur external ip unless u get ur isp to do it ...Changing my IP address?
mac addresses, and mac address cloning have no connection to your ip address. forget that.



changing your ip address while in the router configuration page is normally done by finding the area concerning your internet connection then choosing disconnect, then connect. this will only change your address if your internet service provider does not use a static ip address (never changes) for your connection.



as for why you're still blocked - maybe your entire internet service providers block of ip addresses have been banned if that person deemed you annoying enough that they never wanted you to return.
Switching off your modem and switching it on again works for me.
start-run-';cmd'; ';release all';
If your ISP is dynamic, you might be able to get a new IP by unplugging your modem, waiting a few minutes, then plugging it back in.
your Internet IP is banned, not your LAN IP... they are completely different.
Either reboot your DSL modem and often it will pull a new dynamic IP address or logon to your linksys and disconnect and reconnect your connect and ... it may pull a new IP.



Otherwise find yourself a good ';free'; proxy and use that..
The IP address that is being banned is the external IP address that is assigned by your ISP, Roadrunner. You can't change it.



Don't do stuff that gets you banned.
Your public IP address is what was banned not your local IP address. Messing with your MAC did nothing to change this. Changing your public IP may not be sufficient to get you admitted.



Apparently you screwed up in a major way. Learn from this and clean up your act.



Probably the gods of silicon are so displeased they will take a long time to get over it.



Frankly, I don't feel sorry for you. Things like what you did spoils things for the honest people.



Also from your writing it appears as though you have no concern about what you did for being banned and your only concern is how to get around it. Grow up
  • get pregnant advice
  • vc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment