Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I spoof the mac address on my router.?

spacifically, a 2wire 2700HG-D Gateway. I see where it allows me to override the built in hardware address but I can't get it to accept anything. I'm putting in something similar to other mac addresses i.e. 0014A500C4E8, but it tells me that it must be a unicast address. I guess what my question is, what format is a unicast address in. Also, it warns me that it may affect devices ability to connect to the network. I want to make sure that I don't change it and then make it impossible to change it back because I can't connect to it.How do I spoof the mac address on my router.?
This should give you what you want...



http://www.synnergy.net/downloads/papers



If it does hose anything, you can reset the router to factory default and all will be well.How do I spoof the mac address on my router.?
More to the point, *why* are you trying to change it?

No comments:

Post a Comment