Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change the info I originally put in when I installed Mac OS X Leopard?

I want to change the name because at first I put my dad's name but now it's just annoying me and I want it to say mine. For instance, when I go to the mail app and I type in the email address for my Apple ID, it says his name next to it. I want to change that but don't know how to. Please help!!!!!!!!How do I change the info I originally put in when I installed Mac OS X Leopard?
try going to apple.com and create an account with your nameHow do I change the info I originally put in when I installed Mac OS X Leopard?
go to settings accounts (address book card) its all there

Report Abuse


What you're saying is both you and your dad have your own Mobile Me accounts? Why did you put in your dad's name? If Mail is open, quit. Go to your home folder %26gt; Library. Delete the Mail folder. That holds all your dad's saved email. Go to your home folder %26gt; Library %26gt; Preferences. Delete com.apple.mail.plist. That has the email account settings.



Go to System Preferences %26gt; .Mac. Change the details to your account user name and such. Open Mail and it will ask you to create an account. Do it. Put in your ';Mobile Me'; account user name and password instead of your dad's settings. See? Not as difficult as you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment