Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I think someone is stalking me?

My ex b/f is creeping me out, i see him everywhere, usually everytime i go out, he ends up knowing info that i have never told anyone and i have no idea how he figured out. i have switched to a P.O. box recently to prevent anyone from going thru my mail but idk. he;s insanely good with computers and i'm thinking that maybe thats how he's getting the information is tracking my IP or MAC address. I've thought about changing them both...but i heard changing a MAC address can be more trouble than its worth. how do i come up with hard proof that he's stalking me to get a restraining order or something? do i even need hard proof? its been going on for 3 months now and its starting to freak me out.



he also has the financial capabilities to invest in some pricey computer equipment which makes me think even more that he tracking my computer. I'm actually kind of scared to post this because he might read it.I think someone is stalking me?
I'd have a talk with a police lieutenantI think someone is stalking me?
I'd say you're paranoid.
Download and install Linux. it's free, easy to install and very secure. Without your passwords he can't access anything on it without your specific permission. http://www.linux.org Winblows and Macs are easy pickings for people good with computers, but Linux is MUCH more secure with very little effort on your part..

Call police or hire a private investigator then bust him if he is indeed doing these things.
Aren't you at least bit flattered tho?



i was...



anyhooo if its really buggin u,contact the cops.



if i were u id talk to him. thats what i did.
It really depends what state or county you reside in. Many of them have different rules about civil restraining orders. In general, I believe you must have a very credible threat of an act of violence or harm. You can always fill out a restraining order and bring it to trial in front of a judge, however it does cost a court filing fee. I don't believe the evidence you have provided will constitute as hard proof enough to get a restraining order. From the restraining orders I have seen passed there have been very credible threats of endangerment. You cannot simply place a restraining order just based on assumption. I'm not sure but you'll most likely have to wait until you have evidence. Understandably the court has to be very cautious issuing restraining orders. In most cases such as this the boyfriend will grow tireless and either A) stop stalking you or B) harm or threaten you. You'll resolve your problem either way. Even if you filed an order with what you have just stated above it will not pass because it is certainly your word versus his at this point.







good luck and i hope things work out.
This is a major concern if he's really doing this. You might want to try using ';red herrings'; to figure out if, and where, he's getting information.



For example, have some person send you an email saying to meet you at some place at a certain time. If he shows up there, that may be the way he's getting information. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment