Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do i get my Kodak printer to establish a WI-FI connection with my Mac?

I have a Kodak ESP-7 printer with Wi-Fi connectivity and have installed the printer software on my Macbook Pro laptop using the installation CD provided. I have made numerous attempts to print various documents but have achieved nothing.



I have gone into the Printer menu through the screen options on it and input the settings for Wi-Fi capability, also inputting the settings required through the Mac's 'System Preferences' menu under 'Print and Fax', changing different options with each attempt at printing always telling me on the Mac screen to check my printer connections because it cannot be found!



I have looked under 'Network' and 'Sharing' folders in System Preferences also, to see what could be changed there but have rendered the same result.



Why can't my Mac and printer make a Wi-Fi connection? I've had success through use with a USB cable but moving to a recent change of address now sees my print functions differently and have achieved success for my partner on her (Windows) laptop, which takes advantage of the Wi-Fi facility.



Please help (so that my partner still knows that Macs are better than PC's!). Thanks!How do i get my Kodak printer to establish a WI-FI connection with my Mac?
Wireless printing isn't a mac strong point. I had much trouble setting up my Canon printer to print wirelessly but I managed it in the end.



So you said that you input the wi-fi options on the printer, did it ask for a WEP code when you did it? Has it told you that you are connected to the internet? When setting it up, if you have a coded wi-fi network you'll have to put in the code under WEP settings. If you are sue that it is connected to your network, then go back to your system preferences on your mac.



When you press the + button, it might come up with maybe an option that says ';kodak...'; and under the type it'll say ';Bonjour Scanner';. If this is the printer you added, it is wrong. It will not work. You will have to wait a couple of minutes. After around fifteen seconds or so, either another printer should appear that says something like this ';Kodak ESP-7 00.85.25.64.58.69.35.45'; or some long number. If so, add this. If not, a button at the bottom should have appeared that says ';More Printers'; Click this and then wait a few seconds and then there should be something like ';Koadak ESP-7 00.85.25.64.58.69.35.45'; It should say it is on some kind of Kodak network.



I hope that helps cos that is what I had to do, and I hope this doesn't sour yours or your parters opinion of macs. :D
  • graphics animation
  • store properties
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment