Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How can i fix my internet?

the dsl modem i have caches the mac address of the first machine you plug into it. a couple of weeks ago i plugged in my computer to the modem and now it is the only machine that can get internet. i bought another computer and a router, but it doesn't work for it. if a use software to change the mac address, it causes an ip conflict. is there any way around this?How can i fix my internet?
use a hammerHow can i fix my internet?
call the company the got me a free repair
maybe a hard reset of the modem back to factory specs, usually there is something in the menu about this, if you can't access look for a small pin hole in the back of the modem. Putting a pin in the back for a few seconds usually restores back to factory specs.
Try going to your router and hold down the tiny little reset button for about 20 seconds. It should be behind or under the router.



Note that any WEP keys will be erased.

No comments:

Post a Comment