Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change my router's security settings?

I have Windows Vista, and I want to allow my DS's MAC address.How do I change my router's security settings?
You need an Ethernet cable from your router to your PC. Then just log in to it using the IP address for the router (Usually in the router's manual), and it is usually 192.168.1.1



Hope this helps %26amp; good luck,How do I change my router's security settings?
DEOENDING ON THE ROUTER BRAND, LIKE SAY, LINKSYS, THERE IS A SECTION WHERE YOU CAN CHANGE THE SECURITY SETTINGS, LABELED SECURITY. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO, MAKE IT SO YOU HAVE IT YOUR OWN CODE, INSTEAD OF AN OPEN LINE?? THERE ARE DIFFERENT SECURITY SETTINGS, BUT IF ITS A LINKSYS, THEN IT WILL BE ON THE SCREENPAGE WHERE YOU FIRST SET EVERYTHING UP, UNDER ';SECURITYz'; TAB.. IF YOU CN BE MORE SPECIFIC ON ROUTER BRAND, ETC I CAN HELP YOU MORE... CHRIS

No comments:

Post a Comment