Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How can I change my email address from .com.au to .com?

I just brought a Mac and I use my Mac mail and I can link my yahoo account to it but not if it has au on the end, so how do I get rid of the au?How can I change my email address from .com.au to .com?
Your country/language setting – what Yahoo! Mail calls your “Preferred Content” – can be adjusted by following these steps:



1.Click on the drop down arrow beside your name in the upper left corner, select Edit My Account.

2.A new browser page will open. Please enter your password and clickContinue

3.Click Edit to the right of “Member Information”.

4.In the General Preferences category, click the Preferred Content link.

5.From the pull-down menu in the “Preferred Content” window, select the country you want

6. Click Finished button.And you done.



Or,You can use this direct link to change your country/language settings

http://edit.yahoo.com/config/set_intl?

(You will be asked to enter your password for account verification%26gt;%26gt; Select your preferred content%26gt;%26gt;Click finished button)How can I change my email address from .com.au to .com?
You can't, you cannot change your ID name or address.

You can cancel the old account and open a new one with the desired information. Or simply open a new account with a different name and password, and use both.

No comments:

Post a Comment